Merry Christmas Everybody!
I hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas wherever you are! As we mentioned yesterday, today we are finishing things off with some drinking rules for some of the more “modern classic” Christmas movies! If there are any movies you would like us to evaluate in the future, Christmas or otherwise, just let us know in the comments below. Also, if you have any additions you think should be made to the rules for these four movies, let us know as well. But, without further ado…
Day 12 – Christmas Day: Christmas Movie Drinking Games
A Christmas Story
Health Warning: It is advised that you DO NOT play this game over and over again every time it comes on TBS today… Only one time is recommended.
Thanks to its popularization by cable television, this movie is now a staple of most folks’ Christmas, and why not: it does about the best job any movie has of capturing what it is like to be a child at Christmas.
- Any time “You’ll shoot your eye out” is said, take a drink.
- When the kids run away in fast forward, yell “Run Away!” and then drink!
- Anytime someone swears but it is replaced with gibberish, take a drink!
- Each time Randy starts oinking, take a drink.
- The first time the leg lamp is seen within a scene, say “I love lamp!” and then drink!
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Christmas Vacation is definitely my favorite Christmas movie and is probably the best Chevy Chase movie of all time (aside from maybe Fletch and Caddyshack). Nothing makes you feel better about your own family’s Christmas than watching another family’s Christmas fall apart in hilarious fashion.
- Every time Clark says “Griswold Family Christmas” take a drink.
- Whenever Ellen calls Clark “Sparky”, take a drink.
- When Clark’s boss mispronounces his name, take a drink.
- Whenever Clark hurts himself in a klutzy way, take a drink.
- Whenever Cousin Eddie comes onto screen in a scene, take a drink.
As if there weren’t enough reasons to have a large, family vacation over Christmas, Home Alone gives you one more – people will break into your house, steal all of your possessions and leave the water on. Interestingly enough, this is the second movie on the list that takes place in Chicago and the third that takes place in the Midwest (A Christmas Story is based in Indiana).
- Any time that Kevin screams, take a drink.
- Say “Keep the change, ya filthy animal” along with it when it is said in the movie and then take a drink.
- Every time Kevin mouths off to someone, take a drink.
- Whenever the term “wet bandits” is said, take a drink.
Though it is overlooked at times, the original Die Hard is in actuality a Christmas movie. The incident in the movie happens during the company’s Christmas party, which is why John has flown all the way from New York to Los Angeles.
- Whenever “Nakatomi” is said, take a drink.
- Any time Sgt. Powell comes onto screen in a scene for the first time, say “Did I do that?” in your best Erkel impersonation and then take a drink.
- When John McClain laughs, drink for the duration of the laugh.
- Take a drink at each cowboy reference, whether someone is called one or a phrase, like “Yippee-ki-yay” is used.
- Every time John kills a bad guy, cheer and take a drink; whenever a bad guy kills someone, boo and take a drink.
I hope you enjoyed your 12 Games of Christmas as much we have! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night – of drinking!