In a true sign that March Madness has overtaken us, we have another very special episode of Long Distance Drinking!
On this episode, we kind of celebrate St. Patrick’s Day by discussing how for a couple of us, it pales in comparison to March Madness for us. Then, we discuss our March Madness traditions and why it is we get so excited about the tournament!
Then, we discuss our plans to have a podcast-wide March Madness Pool! To join, just email us at HobbyBoxBlog@gmail.com. If you want to run the pool with your group of friends, you can get the sheet from the link later on in the show post.
After that, we get on to all sorts of topics: the science and stats of a zombie outbreak or apocalypse; The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and The Last Man on Earth; California is running out of water; more Power Rangers; and we have new listeners (who may have been scared away by all of the P Talk at the beginning of the episode…).
Drinking rules are as follows:
- Whenever you hear a conversation killer sound effect, take a drink.
- Take a drink each time we say spoiler or March Madness.
- Whenever Brent’s or Lance’s voices go robotic/mechanical, take a drink.
- Whenever Lance says something grammatically incorrect or somehow botches the English language, take a drink.
- If Lance corrects himself on his screwed up language, finish your drink!
- If we say something that crosses the line to you (sexist, overly perveted or what have you), take a drink as it will make it better!
- If you are ever confused about the rules, just take a couple drinks and move on!
Also, as referenced in the episode, here is the article on the zombie apocalypse by the Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/03/04/scientists-determine-the-nations-safest-places-to-ride-out-a-zombie-outbreak/
– The interactive model for the zombie outbreak: http://mattbierbaum.github.io/zombies-usa/
– Google spreadsheet for bracket pool: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15InQ77-nRuazBYgUX3kL99pJ6s3KBqaFof5VxdxdSFc/edit?usp=sharing
Thanks again to John Meilner for the fantastic theme song. Other musical credit goes to Dropkick Murphys and their song Kiss Me, I’m Shitfaced as well as the G.I. Joe Theme Song (watch the awesome video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8qxoe31wmA). Also, we take no ownership over CBS’ awesome theme of March Madness.
As always let us know if you have any topics, thoughts. or suggestions (or if you want to be on the show). Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message on Twitter to @hobbyboxblog or leave a comment on the post for this episode at hobbyboxblog.com. You can also follow us separately : @hobbyboxburns, @brentlydavis and @roninclark.