Hey There Fellow Drinkers! It is time again for another batch of some Long Distance Drinking!
On this episode, through Leonard Nimoy’s death, we end up discussing and re-living the great career of Michael Clarke Duncan more than that of Mr. Nemo’s (as Lance keeps accidentally saying).
Aside from that, we stick with the “Hollywood” theme by discussing The Oscar Nominated movies for Best Picture, Hot Topless Maids and Brently’s proclivity for putting dicks in his mouth. We also delve into the process of paying respect to a TV show or movie by creating a fan-film that is different in style but still plays up the fan-service.
We also give an update to our Long Distance Dynasty on NCAA Football 2014 – here’s a spoiler, the three of us suck at it – and to Burns’ dismay, we avoid playing What’s in My Mouth again…
Drinking rules are as follows:
- Whenever you hear a conversation killer sound effect, take a drink.
- Take a drink each time we say spoiler.
- Whenever Brent’s or Lance’s voices go robotic/mechanical, take a drink.
- Whenever Lance says something grammatically incorrect or somehow botches the English language, take a drink.
- If Lance corrects himself on his screwed up language, finish your drink!
- If we say something that crosses the line to you (sexist or what have you), take a drink as it will make it better!
- Take a drink if you agree with one of the guys’ choices for Love it, Like it, Hate it, Hate that I Love it…
- If you are ever confused about the rules, just take a couple drinks and move on!
Also, as referenced in the episode, we discuss the POWER/RANGERS short film by Ari Shankar as can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5vcUPyL90
– Our Robocop Remake by various artists as can be seen here (jump to 40:05 to see the seen Burns specifically discusses): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyKPJbYTxno
– We also listened to The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins by Leonard Nimoy, which can be viewed in it’s entirety here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGF5ROpjRAU
– And then someone mentioned Portal Basketball, so here that is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBkld6kqFG4
Thanks again to John Meilner for the fantastic theme song. Other musical credit goes to the Barenaked Ladies with their song Sell, Sell, Sell off of their album Maroon.
As always let us know if you have any topics, thoughts. or suggestions (or if you want to be on the show). Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message on Twitter to @hobbyboxblog or leave a comment on the post for this episode at hobbyboxblog.com. You can also follow us separately : @hobbyboxburns, @brentlydavis and @roninclark.