First off, apologies on the sound being a tad quiet at parts and over-loud at other parts. It apparently wasn’t a great idea for Burns to be blitzed when mic testing. Or for an entire podcast, which he was.
On this episode, Burns cannot hide his exuberance at the Gophers beating the Wolverines and winning the Little Brown Jug and explains why it’s important. The guys then tackle the tough topics of the day like the Fappening and Adrian Peterson. Then we introduce a couple of new segments – Challenge the Akinator and Fan Fiction Fuckery.
But, the whole episode falls apart once the gang debates the greatness (or lack therof) of the O.C., which causes Drunk Burns to completely lose his mind. Is it just the alcohol talking or is Burns really that insane? Find out on this edition of Long Distance Drinking!
Drinking rules are as follows:
- Whenever you hear a conversation killer sound effect, take a drink.
- Take a drink each time Burns laughs for seemingly no reason. If it is a lengthy laugh, take two.
- Take a drink for each incorrect guess you or the guys make during the Akinator.
- Each time Burns moans or says “Oh my God”, take a good chug.
- Take a drink each time we say spoiler.
- If we say something that crosses the line to you (sexist or what have you), take a drink as it will make it better!
- If you are ever confused about the rules, just take a couple drinks and move on!
Thanks again to John Meilner for the fantastic theme song. Other musical credit goes to Michael Jackson with Bad, The University of Minnesota and their Minnesota Rouser, and Phantom Planet and their theme to the O.C. “California.”
Also, special thanks goes to Gopher Digital Productions and their highlights from the Minnesota vs. Michigan game, which can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UREpk5kmJy4
As always let us know if you have any thoughts or suggestions (or if you want to be on the show). Email us at email@example.com or send a message on Twitter to @hobbyboxblog or leave a comment on the post for this episode at hobbyboxblog.com. You can also follow us separately : @hobbyboxburns, @brentlydavis and @roninclark (I don’t understand why anyone follows him…).